Thursday, March 25, 2010

NCAA DIARY - Wednesday

9:30am - Lincoln, Nebraska!! haha landed for a fuel stop in lovely Nebraska. Shooter is yelling something about how Australian Oliver really is in the row behind me, he clearly got more sleep than I did last night.
12:30pm - keep in mind, we are doing this diary in pacific time. Giorgis wastes no time and gets all the girls on one bus and heads directly to practice. Us? we are left with one bus to cram around 6 people. Assistant AD Frank Lombardi is sitting on Jeremy's lap behind me. Feel the Marist Athletics love.
1:23 - Eating lunch at this 5 minute barbecue place across from the hotel. Our entertainment, watching the rest of the band watch a street performance that looks from here, like a cross between Harry Potter and Godzilla...riveting.
1:49 - Saw President Chris Miller down below us and cough/yelled "blow job" at him. James quickly pointed out that our Dean of Student Affairs Deb Dicaprio and her daughter were within 10 ft of me walking by, more evidence that if I applied to Marist this year, I wouldn't have an ice cube's chance in hell of getting in.
3:58 - Walking around downtown Berkeley, realizing that the only stores here are Banana Republic, Forever 21, and Victorias Secret, not exactly my scene.
4:15 - Attempting to navigate the Berkeley/San Fransisco version of the T. oh wait, NY audience, uhhh Metro?
5:30 - Recieved a strange voicemail from ted. He called to let me know he had found a green shirt and had put it on in honor of me, because I was pestering him all day about not wearing green on St. Patty's Day!
7:00 - First Guinness of St. Patrick's Day at the Player's Bar on Pier 39!
7:30 - Not sure if I feel bad for James or jealous of him, he's at a table in the back surrounded by 5 dance team girls...
11:03 - One more quick thing before bed, on the way home tonight Mike and I hit up these public bathrooms in San Fransisco that will from now on be dubbed, "Space Toilets." These things are amazing button operated opening and closing door and automatic cleaning cycles after every user. A good first day in California, looking forward to the next few days before I start freaking out with nerves Saturday.

0 comments: