Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Was There: Spoon @ Radio City Music Hall

Because I am graduating, I am stepping down from Generator Magazine. Because I am stepping down from Generator, I have been looking elsewhere for my freelancing thrill. I am proud to say that in addition to being a music editor for Generator Magazine (until May), I am also Co-Editor for The Deli Magazine and a Contributing Writer for Consequence of Sound.

With that said, my first live assignment proved to be a huge one. I had the honour of attending Spoon and Deerhunter at Radio City Music Hall on Friday. It was a hectic night getting there (press confirmation was just 3 hours before the show - which meant finding my +1 on the guestlist and taking the train into Manhattan had to happen within a half hour) but it proved to be more than worth it.

This is an excerpt for the review I wrote this about the show for CofS (link will be added shortly)

"It isn’t difficult to explain what exactly happened at the show but to capture the mood of the environment and the emotion of the bands that share the stage with The Rockettes is more challenging than meets the eye. I will never be able to capture the beauty and artistry of each performer because I have not seen the charisma that Spoon had in a long time..."

Read the rest of the article here.

Expect some Generator exclusive show coverage in the near future - including The Flaming Lips, Echo & The Bunnymen, Bamboozle 2010 (pending), Owl City and Coheed & Cambria.

-Nicholas Palumbo

0 comments: